Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Feeling like Summer!

After many requests, the blog is back and up and running! I apologize for not updating lately, as I was up in Michigan enjoying some time off with my family. I will try to have a weekly update with some extra summer work or ideas.

Leave me a comment this week and let me know how your reading has been going. What books or series are you working on? Have you been reading books that are enjoyable to you? Or anything else you would like to tell me.

With the bizarre weather we have been having, you have a lot of motivation for writing. I challenge you to write a poem this week about the weather. There have been thunderstorms, floods, hail and in some places tornadoes. Use descriptive words to explain to me through poetry what has been happening by your home.

I hope you all have been practicing your math facts. It doesn't take long and is a quick and easy way to improve your math skills. Try to go through your math flash cards three times in a row with only 2 or less mistakes. I will post some problems soon!

I hope you are all enjoying your time off and enjoying the sun (when it has been out). That's all for now!

Ms. B :)

3 comments:

--David said...

I think it's great that you are keeping this going during the summer! I can't wait to see what your students come up with!!

Carolyn said...

Well, you should of been in South Dakota, talk about crazy weather there!!! Remember, it's summer, but, IT WAS HAILING THERE!!!:) I was happy we were having wacky weather because I don't think I've ever seen hail before!!! One time when we were driving it was hailing really bad and when you drive, it gets worse. So we had to stop like a ton of other people did so we didn't get hit hard. Talk to you later Ms. Boyer!!!

Carolyn said...

P.S. You also should of seen the cabin we were staying in! it was amazing! It had a fire place instead of a air conditioner thingy mabobber, and it had a heat light in the bathroom too. The bed I slept in with my sister the first night was a comfy old bunkbed. Two of the nights we watched movies, one night we had popcorn. This is very long for a P.S, so it's time to say, FAREWELL!